Saturday, July 31, 2010

PP1 Module 1.2: Instant Messenger

Whoever thought that the number of times I have spent chatting online through MSN, XChat and facebook would assist with a Masters in Learning Management. This is one task that I do not need to go out of my way to learn.

The IRC's I do prefer to use are MSN and XChat as the chat can be personalised to an extent through the use of colour, emoticons and gestures. One thing that I do not like is how the nuances and body language in face to face chat is missing, making it difficult to follow the intended meaning (not the implied) of some conversations.

The only "chat" or online messaging that I have used with students was for a girls in ICT project a number of years ago. Students from different schools communicated via online messaging to cooperatively plan an ICT game that was constructed on a camp. Once all schools overcame the link up process, this exercise was successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment